Thailand 2014

Thailand 2014

Friday, July 4, 2014

Rest, Swimming and Food - what more could you ask for!

Great day yesterday. Our day consisted of a wonderful breakfast at Pastor Mike's house, lunch was a traditional Thai noodle dish called Kao Soy (spelling might be off??), some time to rest and try to get over some jet lag, swimming with the DS3 and DS4 home kids and of course dinner on the way home from swimming. Tutu took us to this amazing place that was much bigger than it first appeared. It was all open air with thatched roofs and wood floors, including a few loose boards! It was all these smaller sections connected by wooden boardwalks, our table was in a section that was over the water (lake or pond). Tutu ordered all these amazing Thai dishes, including grilled shrimp. This shrimp came out complete with head, tail, legs and a few even had shrimp eggs! You will have to ask the boys to tell you about the catfish in the water.

We had a great time with the kids from the homes, handed out some candy, played some soccer and Simon Says before we headed out to the pool to swim. The pool is on an adjacent piece of land and is Dan (Tutu's husband's) project. They hope to one day build a guest house on the property as well. There are approximately 50 kids plus staff at these two homes so swimming was a rather wild and crazy time. At one point I saw this "pile" of kids moving through the water, when I looked closer I realized that it was actually Zeb with about six little boys all hanging on to him! Thanks to Grace Community Church, Fremont, Ohio for sponsoring these two homes.

I am always so humbled by these people, they are so grateful that we come to visit. One of the staff members speaks English very well and was thanking me for all the work I do back at home! Are you kidding me?? What I do is nothing compared to what these amazing people do here. They loving parent 25 kids! These kids are happy, loving, kind, polite, they are being raised by wonderful parents. I love that I get to play a small part in this amazing work that God is doing here.

Later this morning, we will be heading off to Waing Paw Po to visit the two homes there and worship with them on Sunday. Please be praying for us, Tutu has asked us all to share our testimonies with them on Sunday. For some of us this is way out of our comfort zone, please pray that God will give us wisdom and courage as we prepare. Remember that we are 11 hours ahead of you, so please be praying on Saturday. Not sure about internet access there so it may be a couple of days till you hear from us again.

Keep praying!
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment